http://www.raisedhunting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Stuffed-Elk-Backstrap-Wild-Game-Recipe-e1476722175973.jpg 626 1200 Raised Hunting Staff http://www.raisedhunting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Raised-Hunting-presented-by-Whittaker-Guns.png Raised Hunting Staff2016-10-17 16:34:362016-10-17 16:36:23Stuffed Elk Backstrap Recipe | Wild Game Recipe
A Raised Hunting Stuffed Elk Backstrap Recipe
- Slice the elk backstrap down the middle and pound out flat
- Sauté spinach and 5-6 (or more) garlic cloves
- Spread on elk backstrap, then I added prosciutto with mozzarella cheese.
- Roll and tuck, roll and tuck.
- Truss with baking string (most meat markets have and will share)
- I grill with charcoal, but whatever you use, make sure it is good and hot.
- Sear all sides, couple minutes on each, cook till desired temp.
- Take off grill and let meat rest 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Note: photo is before completely cooked in order to show the color variation. Please be sure to cook to your desired level.