Wild Game Recipes | Bear Recipe: Italian Bear Sausage Breakfast Burrito
We don’t get to cook too often but when we do, we like to do it up right! This wild game recipe will knock your socks off! This wild game recipe, more specifically bear recipe is for Italian bear sausage breakfast burritos.
Bear Recipe Ingredients
- 4-5 small white potatoes
- 1 lb Italian Bear Sausage
- 6-8 Whole Eggs ( this is what I use to serve just Warren and Easton, add 6 more eggs for David!!)
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning of your Choice
- Shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese
- Splash bottom of skillet with Olive Oil
- Cube Potatoes into small bite size pieces
- Saute until golden on outside and soft in center; season potatoes as they cook, to your taste; set aside.
- Brown Bear sausage in the same skillet until fully cooked but not dried out
- Mix all eggs in a bowl, add salt and pepper as desired
- Add the eggs to the sausage and mix completely
- After fully cooked and ready to serve, sprinkle top of sausage/egg mixture with shredded cheese
- Warm Sun-dried Tomato Wrap in microwave or oven
- Lay desired amount of sausage egg and potatoes on the wrap, roll up and serve.
Tip: This is a great meal to make the day before a hunt or day in the outdoors. Premake all the burritos, wrap in foil, refrigerate, then reheat in the microwave the next morning.
This is a protein packed bear recipe, is a healthy meal that will “stick to your ribs” for a few hours making that morning hike to your favorite hunting spot all that much better!!
Enjoy this bear recipe, and be sure to check out all of the other wild game recipes!!