A Raised Hunting Stuffed Elk Backstrap Recipe
- Slice the elk backstrap down the middle and pound out flat
- Sauté spinach and 5-6 (or more) garlic cloves
- Spread on elk backstrap, then I added prosciutto with mozzarella cheese.
- Roll and tuck, roll and tuck.
- Truss with baking string (most meat markets have and will share)
- I grill with charcoal, but whatever you use, make sure it is good and hot.
- Sear all sides, couple minutes on each, cook till desired temp.
- Take off grill and let meat rest 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Note: photo is before completely cooked in order to show the color variation. Please be sure to cook to your desired level.